Moving house can now cost thousands, if not tens of thousands, so it’s no surprise that more people are looking to improve their existing homes rather than moving. House extensions can offer your family the additional space you need and even completely refurbish living spaces like the kitchen, often without the need for planning permission.
Benefits of House Extensions
There are a lot of good reasons why more and more people are choosing house extensions to improve their homes and provide more living space:
- You usually don’t need planning permission to build a simple extension
- You can add up to 23% on to the value of your home (according to a survey by Nationwide)
- You do not need to lose money on solicitor fees, stamp duty, or moving companies
- You can plan on having additional space within a set timeframe, rather than hoping that all stages of a chain go through
- You still have the same commute and school, with no need to re-plan key parts of your daily routine
- Your house extension is perfectly tailored to your needs
- You don’ t need to pack
- Use your home more efficiently, turning garden or garage space into something that you use every day
Types of Extensions
Choosing the right type of house extension is one of the most important parts of the building and design process – this decision needs to be based on your available space, what type of rooms you would like to create, and your budget. Most of these house extension types differ based on where you are building it, but others differ based on building materials and the room type.
Your options include:
- Single storey extensions
- Side extensions
- Rear extensions
- Kitchen extensions
- Multi-storey extensions
- Garage conversions
Some of these types do overlap, for example you can build a single storey rear or side extension. Likewise, a rear extension can also be a kitchen extension, depending on how you use it. You don’t need to know what type of extension you’re building – just let us know what you need and we’ll be sure to design and build the right house extension for you.
Get Started Today
If you’d like to cook in a bright, airy kitchen, offer guests a better place to stay than the sofa, or want to spend summer evenings in a beautifully designed orangery, get in touch. We offer no-obligation quotes so that you can make an informed decision about whether a house extension is right for you. Our team are more than happy to answer any questions you have and help you on the way to getting the living space your family needs.